Tattoo Removal: The 5 Most-Asked Questions
Making the decision to remove your tattoo? Tattoos are permanent, but only if you choose to keep them. Luckily, there are methods to remove your tattoo, should you decide that you don’t want it on your body anymore. We have rounded up the top five most-asked questions when it comes to tattoo removal so that you can feel as comfortable as possible going into your consultation. Keep reading to learn more about tattoo removal, and how to remove your tattoo safely in our tattoo removal clinic in Westlake Village.
How Does Tattoo Removal Work?
Our tattoo removal clinic in Westlake Village uses the A+Ocean method for tattoo removal. A+Ocean hypertonically draws the water from the cells and releases the pigment particles. This causes them to be drawn into the epidermis levels and removed naturally. The natural tattoo removal method does not scar the tissue, but it will get the ink or pigment particles out.
What Is The Best Tattoo Removal Method?
A+Ocean is the world’s number one 100% all-natural removal solution. A+Ocean uses the finest sea salt available in the world and then removes all contaminates, producing the purest saline in the world. You will not find any carcinogens or other products used in the formulation that other saline products contain, or ones that have FDA warnings. This method also allows you to heal more naturally because, with A+ Ocean, the goal is to create a superficial controlled scab. A natural healing process that removes or lightens the pigment when the scab falls off.
How Fast Does Tattoo Removal Work?
No matter what type of tattoo removal method you choose, it is dependent on the depth of the pigment or tattoo ink that is in the tissue. In addition, it is vital to allow your skin time to heal in between sessions. This amount of time can vary from person to person. Some of the factors that determine how fast tattoo removal works include:
- Skin type
- Location of the tattoo
- Whether the tattoo is a cover-up
- Colors of ink used in the tattoo
- Amount of ink used
- Whether there is any preexisting scarring
The only way to find out exactly how long your tattoo will take to remove is to have a consultation with our tattoo removal clinic in Westlake Village. We will be able to provide you with a proper timeline and protocol specifically designed for you, your skin, and your tattoo.
Does Tattoo Removal Hurt?
The sensation of tattoo removal is very similar to having the tattoo applied. The only difference is that we will give you numbing cream for your comfort. There is some pain associated with tattoo removal, however, with proper aftercare, it is completely bearable. If you are worried about the pain associated with tattoo removal, speak with our tattoo removal clinic in Westlake Village. We will make sure the area is numb and that you are as comfortable as possible.
What is the Aftercare and Healing Time?
The aftercare protocol at our tattoo removal clinic in Westlake Village includes:
- Wash your hands before touching your tattoo. Recommend removal of bandage within 3-24 hours and gently wash the tattoo with mild soap and water. Do not scrub the tattoo with a brush or towel until your tattoo has healed. Dry the tattooed area by gently patting with a clean, sterile towel. Do not reapply a new bandage.
- After 3 days apply a light coating of Lubriderm, Aquaphor, H20cean, or Dermassage until the skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition.
- Stay out of direct sunlight and tanning booths for 7-10 days. Use sunscreen of at least SPF30 once your tattoo has healed to protect it from the damaging ultraviolet rays.
- Do not go swimming or soak in a tub or Jacuzzi until the tattoo is completely healed. Showers are fine. Do not use hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol on your tattoo.
- Do not participate in activities that will make you sweat until your tattoo heals.
- Your tattoo should form a light dry scab that will fall off in 7-10 days. Do not touch or pick at the scab.
- Contact a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.
About Elmira Studio
If you’re ready to finally be done with that tattoo, our tattoo removal clinic in Westlake Village can help. Elmira Halpern is a highly experienced esthetician with thousands of hours of experience, training, and teaching under her belt when it comes to all things skin and face.
With a wide range of services for Westlake Village, CA, and surrounding areas, Elmira is specially trained in Plasma Pen Platinum and, with over 650 specialized hours, she even teaches other estheticians the trade. She will guide you expertly throughout the process in her serene Westlake Village, CA studio, ensuring your complete comfort and satisfaction.
Service Elmira Studio offers includes:
- Permanent Make-Up
- Dermaplaning (peach fuzz hair removal and deep exfoliation)
- Microneedling (helps to treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores)
- Microchanneling (great for the surface texture and the overall appearance of the skin)
- PlasmaPen (great for wrinkles, eye lifts, skin tightening, mole removal, and much more)
- Tattoo Removal
To learn more about Elmira and to book an appointment today, visit elmirastudio.com