Peach Fuzz? Try Dermaplaning In Westlake Village
Peach fuzz is a totally normal part of, well, having a face, but for some people, it can be bothersome. Hair removal is a pretty common procedure to get rid of hair in unwanted places, however, many people do not wish to have this procedure performed on their face. A wonderful alternative to taking care of unwanted peach fuzz is through Dermaplaning. If you’re interested in Dermanplaning, keep reading to learn more about what it is, what else it can treat, side effects, and the best place to get Dermaplaning in Westlake Village.
What is Dermaplaning?
According to Cleveland Clinic, dermaplaning is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure for your skin. Your healthcare provider uses a special instrument to shave away the uppermost layers of your skin.
They continue that dermaplaning can help reduce the appearance of acne scars or other skin imperfections by revealing newer, undamaged skin. It can make your skin look younger; though, it doesn’t stop the aging process. Some people also get dermaplaning for hair removal. This is only a temporary fix because your hair will grow back. Most people get the procedure on their face, but you can do it anywhere on your body.
What Does Dermaplaning Treat?
Dermaplaning may be beneficial to you if you have any of the following concerns:
- Acne scars
- Dull or dry skin
- Peach fuzz
- Skin damaged by sun exposure
- Fine lines
It is important to speak with your specialist at our expert Dermaplaning in Westlake Village to find out if you are a good candidate for Dermaplaning. Understanding your goals, skin type, and more can help us guide you. There are some instances in which some people may not be right for dermaplaning. For example, you should avoid Dermaplaning if you have any of the following conditions:
- An active case of acne
- An active cold sore outbreak
- Skin tags or other skin growths
- Skin burns
- Skin rashes
- Sensitive skin
Are There Any Side Effects to Dermaplaning?
There are no major side effects to Dermaplaning, as long as you do not have any of the conditions listed above that would not make you a good candidate. It can be likened to a deep exfoliation; if deep exfoliations usually irritate your skin, you can expect the same outcome with Dermaplaning.
Other benefits to Dermaplaning include:
- It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation
- It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration
- It can be performed frequently
- It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly
- It can help significantly lighten postinflammatory scars from past acne
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker
Does Dermaplaning Hurt?
During the Dermaplaning procedure, you will feel a light scratching sensation, or possibly a stinging sensation should the blade go over a blemish or sensitive area. While it is generally not painful, numbing cream can be applied prior to the procedure for your total comfort.
Your skin will also be red after the procedure, but recovery is generally quick which is why it is such a preferred method of hair removal According to Cleveland Clinic, recovery is different for everyone in the weeks and months after dermaplaning, but you can expect:
- After 1 week: Redness and swelling should subside. You may notice enlarged pores or small whiteheads on your skin, which usually go away with the swelling. Don’t shave the treated area.
- After 2 weeks: A scab may form over the treated area, which falls off. The skin underneath will look tight and pink. It might be itchy. Most people can return to work after two weeks, but you should avoid strenuous activities.
- After 4–6 weeks: You can gradually get back to playing sports or other activities, but you should stay out of the sun.
- After 6–12 months: Continue staying out of the sun until the treated area has returned to your normal skin color.
Dermaplaning in Westlake Village with Elmira Studio
If you have peach fuzz or other skin concerns that you would like treated with dermaplaning, our expert Dermaplaning in Westlake Village clinic can expertly guide you through the process. Dermaplaning is one of the easiest, quickest, and pain-free ways to remove unwanted hair from the face while also leaving your skin looking (and feeling!) refreshed and bright.
Elmira Halpern is a highly experienced esthetician with thousands of hours of experience, training, and teaching under her belt regarding all things skin and face. With a wide range of services for Westlake Village, CA, and surrounding areas, Elmira is specially trained in Plasma Pen Platinum, and with over 650 specialized hours, she even teaches other estheticians the trade. She will guide you expertly throughout the process in her serene Westlake Village, CA studio, ensuring your complete comfort and satisfaction.
Service Elmira Studio offers includes:
- Permanent Make-Up
- Dermaplaning (peach fuzz hair removal and deep exfoliation)
- Microneedling (helps to treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores)
- Microchanneling (great for the surface texture and the overall appearance of the skin)
- PlasmaPen (great for wrinkles, eye lifts, skin tightening, mole removal, and much more)
- Tattoo Removal
To learn more about Elmira and to book an appointment today, visit elmirastudio.com