Skin Treatments in Westlake Village for Fine Lines
Are you starting to notice some extra wrinkles on your face when you look in the mirror? Maybe your makeup is starting to look different, and you have more creases when you smile or squint. Not everybody loves the aging process, and one of the first signs of aging is fine lines. Luckily, there are many things you can do to minimize their appearance. With so many options, it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you. Keep reading to learn all about fine lines and the top three skin treatments in Westlake Village
that we offer at Elmira Studio to keep you feeling confident.
Understanding Fine Lines
Fine lines are a completely normal sign of aging. Fine lines
are the start of wrinkles and look like small creases on your skin. They’re closer to the surface of your skin, whereas wrinkles are deeper into your skin. You’ll notice fine lines on your face where you make repetitive movements, like around your eyes and your mouth, when you smile or squint. Fine lines met with age and gravity form wrinkles. Wrinkles are deeper creases or folds within your skin that can form anywhere on your body.
There is no way to completely avoid getting wrinkles. As mentioned, they are a totally normal sign of aging and proof that your body is working exactly as it should. However, some ways you can minimize fine lines and wrinkles include:
- Wearing SPF daily
- Avoiding direct sunlight on the face and tanning beds
- Cleaning the skin daily, especially after wearing makeup
- Staying hydrated
- Avoiding smoking
- Eating healthily
- Getting skin treatments in Westlake Village to promote collagen and minimize their appearance
Skin Treatments in Westlake Village
There are many different skin treatments you can receive to minimize fine lines and wrinkles on your face. You can speak to the experts at Elmira Studio to help guide you, as well as asking yourself the following questions:
- Will the skin treatments in Westlake Village interact with any medicines that I take?
- What is the recovery time, and what am I willing to undertake as far as aftercare goes?
- How often is the treatment, and what am I willing to commit to?
- How quickly do I want to notice the results?
A great way to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is through microchannelling in Westlake Village
. Through this process, a single Procell treatment creates hundreds of thousands of microchannels. In response to each micro-injury, an inflammatory healing process begins, which initiates new collagen formation. Over time, the repeated healing process improves the surface texture and the overall appearance of the skin.
Here is the three-step process of microchannelling:
- MICRO-CHANNELS ARE CREATED : In a 90-minute procedure, precision micro-tips are tapped into the skin, creating uniform microchannels. A single pass over the face using the ProCell system will create hundreds of thousands of micro-channels.
- STIMULATION OF A HEALING RESPONSE: Each micro-channel is surrounded by healthy tissue, which enhances the healing process. In response to each microinjury, an inflammatory healing process begins which initiates the formation of new collagen.
- SMOOTHING OF SKIN: Over time, the repeated healing process will build new collagen, creating healthier skin and improving the surface texture and overall appearance of the skin.
is very similar to microchanneling; however, it is a little more invasive, as needles are used to create the microchannels. Also known as collagen induction therapy, this treatment may help those looking to reduce the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks, eyelid surgery, and sunspots.
Microneedling is a dermaroller procedure that uses small needles to prick the skin. Microneedling generates new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, more toned skin. It is considered perfectly safe for most people who are in good health, however, is not safe for people who use certain acne medications or for pregnant women.
is a hair removal and exfoliation procedure; however, it can be very beneficial to perform in conjunction with fine line skin treatments in Westlake Village. For example, it can be performed prior to treatments like facials, lasers, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration. It can be performed frequently and also helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly. It can also assist in microneedling or microchanneling in lightening acne scars and stimulating cellular turnover.
Treat Your Fine Lines at Elmira Studio
While they are a totally normal part of the aging process, fine lines and wrinkles can be treated. If getting rid of your fine lines and wrinkles will help you feel more confident, we have skin treatments in Westlake Village
to make you feel your best!
Elmira Halpern is a highly experienced esthetician with thousands of hours of experience, training, and teaching under her belt when it comes to all things skin and face. With a wide range of services for Westlake Village, CA, and surrounding areas, Elmira is specially trained in Plasma Pen Platinum and, with over 650 specialized hours, she even teaches other estheticians the trade. She will guide you expertly throughout the process in her serene Westlake Village, CA studio, ensuring your complete comfort and satisfaction.
Service Elmira Studio offers includes:
To learn more about Elmira and to book an appointment today, visit elmirastudio.com